Well, at least he's creating songs....
So, I thought I'd sing a few other ones around him and with him to.... um, refine his song-making abilities.... although the above mentioned song was quite creative.... although also slightly sacrilegious. :-)
The many simple songs of childhood are wonderful because:
- They're short.
- They're memorable and repetitive.
- They use simple, easy-to-sing notes.
- The subject matter is innocent.
Here are 5 "simple songs" to add to you and your child's life this week.
There are hundreds of songs to choose from, of course, this is just a sampling for the purpose of getting us all singing with our kids more and getting melodies into their head so that they can keep singing them on their own.... and eventually make their own songs as they play.
1. A Hunting We Will Go (for melody, go here)
2. Hot Cross Buns (Melody: here)
3. It's Raining, It's Pouring (Melody: here)
4. The Farmer in the Dell (Melody: here)
5. London Bridge is Falling Down (Melody: here)
If you need the melodies, there is a link attached to be reminded.
These are common is the U.S., of course.... but readers in other countries will have their own folk-songs to choose from (any of you want to share your favorites with us??)