"Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature can not do without." ~Confucius

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Songs about Fire Trucks



It's big. It's loud. All kids are amazed by it...
It's a fire truck! And they are fun to sing about, too.

Here are two of our favorite fire truck songs which you can catch my kiddos singing at any random time around the house, and they may be fun to add to your home too.


"I Want To Ride In a Fire Truck" by Ivan Ulz 

Fire truck,
Fire truck,
I wanna ride in a fire truck.  (repeat)

I'm gonna put on my jacket,
put on my boots,
put on my helmet,
then I'll slide down the pole (weeee!)
and get on to...... my........

Fire truck,  (hey!)
Fire truck,
I wanna ride in a fire truck.

There are all sorts of other verses, which you can learn as well -  Check this one out HERE!

You can also pick up this book online (Amazon.com, etc.) or check and see if your library has it.
We have fun making motions to go with each verse too.... Like putting on our fire helmet and boots, spraying the water, shouting, weeee!! as we "slide down the pole."


"Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Fire Truck" 

Hurry, hurry drive the fire truck,
hurry, hurry drive the fire truck,
hurry, hurry drive the fire truck,
ding, ding, ding ding ding!

Hurry, hurry, climb the ladder....
Hurry, hurry, spray the water...
Hurry, hurry, put the fire out....

We do a little different version of it, but here's a link to a little "Thomas the Tank Engine" video of it (which my boys love). Go HERE!

(This song also works well for helping to get your kids out the door... "Hurry, hurry put your sneakers on," etc...)

Here are some of our favorite fire truck / fire fighter books (check and see if your library has them if you haven't read them yet!):

"Fire Engines" by Anne Rockwell

"Firefighters A to Z" by Chris L. Demarest

"Fire Trucks in Action" publ. by Motorbooks


And, what better fun than to make your own fire truck so your little muchkin can sing while playing!
Check out this post from one of my favorite blogs.

Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment